Monday, November 14, 2011

My Lizards - Some updates with a sneak peak

I've been working on my army in the past few days and I've made some progress. I have now almost completed the two front ranks of my unit of 25 Saurus Warriors. Expect some photos in the near future. I've also been doing some conversion work. I'm not a fan of the GW's Chameleon Skinks models. It's also really expensive to get 10 of them so I decided to make my own using some regular Skink Skirmisher models and some green stuff (from then on referred to as GS). I've never sculpted anything with GS before so this has been a learning experience for me. I've came up with 10 Chameleon Skinks that have a different look and that will distinguish themselves even more with the color scheme they will receive.

This little fellow was the last model I did. I only had 8 blowpipes left (stupid battalion box that comes with 12 skinks but only 10 blowpipes) so I had to make 2 custom made blowpipes. I used a javelin, took out the spear tip before adding some GS work. I wanted the blowpipe to have some kind of creeper vine on it and I like how it came out. Once primed, most of the stuff that bothers the eye on the GS is gone and your left with some decent looking Chameleon Skinks!
I've also bought a Temple of Skulls piece of terrain during the week-end. I'm working on making it look like a Lizardmen ruin and I've already finished working on the obelisks. I just need to sculpt a new hilltop to replace the Chaos sign that is usually there. I'll post pictures once I file some mould lines.

There's a lot to expect in the next couple of days/weeks so stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment